The WW1 Memorial Window, also by Bacon Brothers was dedicated on 10th October 1920 and retells a story about King David. In the lower panels David’s captains go to occupied Bethlehem for the water craved by their king. In the main panels, David pours out the water as an offering to God. The water had been won at too high a price for his personal pleasure. To quote the dedication ceremony, ‘the water … is a symbol of those great things for which our brothers gave themselves in the war;  the lesson of the Window comes home to us very clearly’.

In 1949 the church considered installing a new Memorial Window designed by Williams and Watson. However the parlous financial position of the time preventing this proceeding and the plaque seen today was installed below the window.